Monday, April 6, 2009

sunday spring market

Yay, finally an update again!

After two weeks of preparing and glueing and painting and baking and worrying I packed all my mamutopia stuff to go to the Sunday Spring Market in Amsterdam.

It was my first market ever and I was so excited about having my own stall. I didn't really know what to expect, but everything turned out great. The weather was beautiful with lots of sun, people made nice comments about my products (of course there were also some stupid ones like 'I could make that myself!'), friends & family visiting and I sold pretty well, yay! The flyers and postcards were quickly gone too.

And to my surprise Maartje from Tizzalicious was suddenly standing in front of me! It's so strange to see someone you only 'know' from the internet in real life, but of course she was nice and we had a little chat :)

As you can see I also made some cookies and cupcakes! Just for fun (and to fill up the enormous space I had!) People really liked them, maybe I should start a mamutopia bakery?

Now back to normal life....sigh... I'm still in mamutopia land and very tired :)

4 comments:

  1. It was great meeting you! I will reply to your email soon by the way, I had a busy few days.

    Your stall looked great, and I am all for a Mamutopia bakery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Superleuke blog, met superleuke creaties!!!

    Groetjes,
    Saskia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gefeliciteerd on your first craft fair! Good to hear you had such a terrific day. And those cupcakes look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm...a Mamutopia bakery! Your space looked awesome and looked like so much fun!

    btw, I know what you mean! I met some local crafters that I met at last show I did and it was soo hilarious that I only recognized them when they gave me their online biz name! lol.

    Haappy Easter!

    ReplyDelete